agp sand filter

Your signature shows a 1 hp pump at 50gal/min into a 16" sand filter. Filtering at a slower pace gives better filtration. I.E. increase the size of your filter.
If you have a problem what is it?
Changing the filter to zeo.... won't necessarily help, matching your filter to your pump probably will.

Sand works just fine, but I have no experience with Zeo to compare. However, IMO you need a larger filter for that pool. Mine is a 24ft as well and I chose to go with a 22" 250/lb filter.

For what it is worth, the first time I decided I needed to change out my sand I switched to Zeo and it worked OK. Then a year later when my pool was staying cloudy I opened up the filter and found it had some channels. In stiring the Zeo around, I managed to pull my latterals up off the bottom and had to remove the Zeo to get them back in place. It was difficult to do without loosing a lot of the Zeo. I had begun reading on this board and decided instead of buying more Zeo to just replace with sand. My pool cleared up and I am happy as a clam with the cheaper sand. Moral of the story - for me sand works great.

I have the hayward s166t sand filter but it needs repairs. Valve needs complete rebuild, center pipe and laterals need replaced(pipe cracked) and should replaced sand (have to remove to replace laterals). Not seeing problem with water per say but I just wanted to know the best route to go. Rebuild old filter system($120.00) or upgrade to a larger one ($400.00+) If mine will do the job running 6-8 hr.s a day why spend extra cash?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.