Intex w/ SWG for 15 day vacay. What to do if power outage?

We are going on vacation at the end of September for about 15 days. We have the Intex SWG & pump hooked up to a timer that turns the pump on, then the SWG turns on about an hour after that. I have done some searching on the board about what to do for vacations but I haven't noticed anyone mentioning what happens if there is a power outage.

We have blips every single week where the whole house's power goes out for a second or two, sometimes multiple times a week. This has no affect on the pump but the SWG needs to be reprogrammed whenever this happens. We don't have anyone to come by to check on the pool for us . I'm just wondering what the steps we should take to be prepared for an outage. I really don't want to come home to a green pool as we fought algae this spring & it cost us a boat load of time & sanity to get it all worked out.

Any help is appreciated.

I am assuming it is only the SWG that will need resetting and the pump will continue to work off the timer? If so then you could raise up the FC a little and use a floater with trichlor pucks to ensure some FC stays in the water.

Also you could bump the pool up to shock level with liquid chlorine and adjust the SWG output to keep the FC close to shock level before you leave. If the power goes out odds are you will still have enough FC to prevent a full algae bloom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.