Startup-New Plaster Job

jimwt

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2009
West Texas
Just finished a replastering job on Friday, Aug. 27. Commenced refill at 3 p.m.(CDT) same day and finished refill at 12 noon, Aug.28. Have added some acid and Jack's Magic Blue Stuff - 2 quarts for a +/- 21K pool. 1) Is that enough sequesterant? Recommended to use 1 qt./10K. Don't have any more "Blue Stuff", but do have one qt. of Leslie's Metal Free--OK to use?
2) How soon is it OK to start brushing? OK to start this p.m.?
3) Chlorine - Pool School info says to wait 72 hr. Another posting recommended 48 hr. Pool water has a slight green tinge to it. Might be algae. Is 48 hr. wait OK? Had planned to use trichlor tabs to add chlorine and CYA--OK?

Appreciate your comments.

Jimwt

No, it was not tested for metals. The pool has experienced some metal staining, but that happened several years ago, and I believe the major source of those metal stains were derived from an old heater fire tube. My interpretation of the pool school start-up procedure is to add the sequesterant at start-up as a preventative measure. I don't have a kit to test for metals.

City water was used to fill the pool. Our city water does contain some copper and iron in small quantities. Those quantities as published by the city are: Cu-0.018 avg. ppm and Fe-0.6 avg ppm.

Jimwt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.