Jandy Valves Tech Data, Seals, Dimensions & TDH

Zephyros

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 24, 2009
Southern California
Hi All,

I'm redesigning my equipment pad to retrofit in all new equipment to replace the 20 year old stuff that came with the house we bought last year. I've read how hard it is to get tech data out of some of the vendors so I thought I would share this attachment Jandy emailed me when I called with questions about their valves, it provides dimensions and TDH info.

They did mention something interesting, I asked about installing a check valve before the SWG and the guy told me "don't use ours in a high chemical environment" He said there valve seals just can't handle that much chlorine so close to the SWG. He said it was like how some toilet valves fail when people use chlorine bleach tablets in the tanks. He suggested I use a Hartford loop instead. I'm thinking I may use a Pentair check valve there instead, does anyone know if the seals in the Pentair valves are any more chemical resistant?

Best Regards, Tom

Attachments

• STD_2_and_3_Port_Valve_&_Check_Valve_TDH_and_Demensions.pdf
    66.8 KB · Views: 39
Hi Scott,
Here is my concept for the Hartford Loop, does this look correct? I can't find many examples of best practice for this? Are there any rules I should follow as far as height, distance from heater or others?
Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• Intellichlor Hartford Loop Concept 1.png
    Intellichlor Hartford Loop Concept 1.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 82
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.