Aug 26, 2010
All of the sudden the pool pop out do not pop out at all and do nothing ..None of them are out or rotating and feel no pressure going thru them at all..Filter seems to be functioning but the bottom is getting dirty as no activity thru the pop out jets !!! any suggestions on what this could be???

I think I know what it is ...hsa 4 smaller pipes on the bottom?? How do you unstick it? Also the gage on that part shows no pressure at all...I took it off and it has like 5 valves on it it that the right one?

here are some pics http://home.pacbell.net/mars411/002.JPG

http://home.pacbell.net/mars411/003.JPG

Dont know if they show as links so you might need to copy and paste to your address bar ...Hey I really aprecaite your help!!!

Since it has no pressure, I would look further upstream than the valve. You said the filter seems to be functioning, so I presume the pump is running...is there a valve somewhere to direct water to the in-floor system? Is there water currently circulating in the pool at all?

yes water comes out of the waterfall or if i shut that off it shoots water out the side of the pool in the deep end near the basket!!!there is water going thru that distribution valve i can feel and hear it so I thought the gauge might just be bad ...the valves in there could they but stuck?

HUmm, I know this is easy for you to understand not so for me but I will explain best I can.. the vavlve I see going in to that part of the unit is the one that controls the waterfall and I turn so the waterfall turns off and i assume that is directing it to the where you are telling me to direct it..When i do that still no opo up activity all i get is water conig out in the deep end thru an outlet on the side of the pool below the basket... should there not be a reading on the gage on top of the gear unit you spoke of? Still looking for another cause or answer thanks again

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As you've figured out, you have a bunch of valves that direct water to various places. From what you described, it sure sounds like water is not being directed to the in-floor cleaning system; if it were, I would think you should get a pressure reading at the gear unit. Is the valve in picture 003 the one that controls the flow between the waterfall and deep end outlet?

I see a couple possibilities:
1) no water to the in-floor system - valves are in the wrong places
2) in-floor system is getting pressure (with a broken gauge showing zero), and the gears are stuck in the same place (the deep end return outlet).

Can you post some pictures of the equipment area, deep end outlet, etc?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.