Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salty Slip-up

1. Back To Top    #1

Salty Slip-up

I made a bit of a mathamalogical error in my salt/bags/weight/volume calculation and as opposed to topping my salt levels off at 3500ppm I nuked it to 4400ppm

I know it will gradually come back down on it's own but what damage am I doing in the mean time?

FC 5.5
    CC 0
    Ph 7.5
    TA 90
    CH 320
    CYA 50

Cheers
    My Pool: 27K gal IG plaster, Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWCG, Polaris 280 Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

Mat....fairly certain your SWG can handle that concentration, its not really brutal. Some backwashing will bring it down a bit, refill then backwash again.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks pooladdict - My SWCG is humming along beautifully, in fact it was working so well that it was my rocketing FC that prompted me to test the salt level.

I was concerned that the high salt level would start to rust/corrode small children or more important things like heater coils... etc...
    My Pool: 27K gal IG plaster, Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWCG, Polaris 280 Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4
    Salt level should not be a problem. In fact, there are several SWGs on the market that normally operate in the 5000-6000 ppm range for salt. Above 6000 ppm corrosion becomes more of an issue.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Thanks! Rusty kids would get me in the bad book with the missus!