Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low salt but high CL??

1. Back To Top    #1

Low salt but high CL??

My CL has been super high for the past several weeks (8-10.5). I am basically running my SWG on 25%. However my intellichlor says low salt. I would figure if I had low salt, my CL would be lower but when I tested last night it was 9. Do these not equal to each other? Thanks.
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2
    No, the SWG will compensate for low salt levels down fairly low so you get just as much chlorine. When it gets near the limit of it's ability to compensate the light goes on.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    The low salt will just cause your cell to work harder to produce chlorine and shorten it's effective life. IMHO, you should bump you salt level back up and then adjust your cell output down to lower your FC level.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for info. Yes, I did add the salt. I follow direction well .
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.