Bubba263....1st time pool guy

Aug 18, 2010
Bubba263 here....Sugar Land TX which is a suburb of Houston. Had the new inground pool for approx 2 months. Have quickly figured out the "pool school" info from the builder was a joke. Since then have been studying the TFP Pool School and have learned a fair shake of info. Have my upgraded testing kit and already used it to become much more knowledgible, specifically on chlorine shocking, the effects CYA and the level of FC I need to acheive and monitor to actually shock my pool effectively. Had green algae problems and the locoal pool houses turned out to be a joke. Once I educated myself and used the pool calculator here I beat the algae in less than a week. It took 4 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine which I never would have added without the knowledge, support and testing I learned through TFP. Shoulders are still a litle sore from the brushing down the pool but I guess thats what it takes.

No doubt I have many more challanges ahead but it is so nice to remove myself from the total state of confusion I was in earlier with the cheapo pool supplied test kit and the partial info/sales pitches from the local pool stores.

bubba263 said:
No doubt I have many more challenges ahead but it is so nice to remove myself from the total state of confusion I was in earlier with the cheapo pool supplied test kit and the partial info/sales pitches from the local pool stores.

Hey, be happy you've become enlightened so soon... took me 3 years of being "pool stored", cheap test kits and various advice before I found TFP. And by the way, welcome!