Natural Chemistry Spa Perfect

Aug 24, 2010
I recently got a hot tub - and am now learning (big thanks to this site) anything I can about the water maintenance.

I'd like to do things as naturally as possible, as I'm concernece about the effects that chlorine and bromine could have on our health (carcinogen?).

I have seen some other Natural Chemistry products referenced on this site - but I haven't found anything on the Spa Perfect product. http://naturalchemistry.com/pool-and-spa-products/products/show/34

I am new to this, and am still trying to understand where the risks are etc, but common sense tells me that less chemicals the better. And from what I have read so far, these enzymes could help reduce the amount of chlorine/bromine (beachcomber's bromo solution in my case) that is required.

Does anyone have any experience with it? Or can offer any suggestions on why this would be a good idea or not?

Thank you!

Welcome to TFP.

While a clarifier/enzyme product may reduce your overall usage of sanitizer by reducing the amount of sanitizer consumed oxidizing some contaminants, it doesn't change the levels required in the spa for safety and good looking water. I'd expect bather exposure to chlorine/bromine would be the same with or without the Spa Perfect. It may be that the amount of sanitizer used in oxidizing the Spa Perfect is equal to or more than that required to clear the spa alone.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll avoid it.

Ultimately I'm looking for the healthiest solution available. I haven't seen anyone directly comparing how healthy Bromine is versus Chlorine. It seems that is my question - since all other solutions don't seem viable.

I'll post a new thread on that.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.