Need advice on pool cleaner

ehorn

Apr 15, 2007
I am looking at adding a suction side pool cleaner, like a Kreepy to my system. I have in floor cleaner but very unhappy with it. Lately it just stirs up the debris and never gets collected by the system. Just settles in a different part of the pool. My neighbor uses both in floor cleaner and his Kreepy and has great results.

So my question is, what is the best bang for the buck? I don't want problems of a robotic cleaner. Just want something I don't need to think about too often. They have a deal at the store now for the Kreepy Sandshark, $299 after the $100 rebate.

So is the Shadshark a good model or is the classic Kreepy just as good?

Thanks,
Eric

One of the main drains is not pulling as good as the other one, but there are two drains. I get the same flow to the in floor just only one drain is sucking and the other is minimal. I have a buddy with scuba gear who is going to dive down and take the cover off so we can check it out.

most of the debris is a fine sand and what looks like white flakes. Been fighting a calcium problem which is getting under control slowly.

I am using a Barracuda G3 BUT found two tricks that make it 100% efficient: (1) make sure you use the flow gauge that comes with the new unit to know where to set your 'cleaner valve' for correct flow or suction. (2) use 45 degree elbow with kit to plug into wall outlet and face upward to prevent hose tangle. Wore out a G2 in three years of heavy use here in FL and thanks to solar heat panels can use pool 10 months out of the year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.