ASP Asheville

In The Industry
May 5, 2010
Asheville, NC
Hi all! I have a customer whose ladder feet have become (or maybe always were) about 4 inches away from the wall. The ladder still functions appropriately however it is a commercial pool and they are worried about a possible pinch hazard. I am looking for solution that does not involve concrete work. Any help is appreciated!!

IMAG0083.jpg

If those are holes in the wall, I'd have a stainless steel box made with tubes to fit in the holes and collars to fit over the ladder legs to fit in there. Some good measurements and a good sheet metal shop should be able to fix you right up.

You could also remove the ladder and have a section cut out of the top rails and welded back.

Cheap Fix. See if you can find a wooden dowel (like a closet rod, but that's a little too small, I think) that will insert reasonably well into the bottom of the ladder. cut them to the correct length to act as stand-offs and then permanently mount them into the ladder rails with three round-head stainless screws on each leg. I'd probably paint them black.

It is attached to the decking via those bolts that expand the wedge, so it is possible to remove the ladder. The wall itself is beat up from where the legs used to rub up against the wall, so maybe it is bent or just has a lot of flex. Not sure about the metal fabricating part, that seems a little pricey since its not something I can do :-D I like the wooden dowel idea alot however, maybe some sort of plastic instead so it does not degrade over time. Thanks for all the suggestions!! I will let you all know which way i go and take another pic :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.