Circupool Vs. Intellichlor

jeeman

Jun 3, 2010
Ok, I've narrowed down my choice to between the Circupool RJ-45 ($800) and the Intellichlor IC40 ($800). My pump & heater are Pentair, so the IC40 seems like a choice that fits the other appliances. However, the Circupool has many more features, according to this website:

http://discountsaltpool.com/Full_Market_Comparison.htm

So, I know Circupool reliability is unknown as of right now, since they have only been out a year or so. At the same time, the IC40 electronics are built into the cell, making the replacements more expensive. I am not going to put in an Easytouch system, so compatibility isn't an issue.

Any other reason why I should choose one over the other? I am leaning Circupool, since it has all the features except pH testing.

Jeeman

If you like tha Circupool better and are willing to overlook the lack of data on it, I'd say that's the one you should get. But don't forget to come back every once in a while and let us know how it's working.

CircuPool and CompuPool have models that are exactly the same as each other except for the color of the plastic, though they both also have other models that are not the same. CompuPool is typically much less expensive on the equivalent models.

There are a number of mistakes in that feature comparison chart. For example, the IntelliChlor has a flow sensor. Also, the whole vector jet thing is misleading, as it only applies to return jet models. The same effect can be gotten in other ways with non-return jet models.

JasonLion said:
CircuPool and CompuPool have models that are exactly the same as each other except for the color of the plastic, though they both also have other models that are not the same. CompuPool is typically much less expensive on the equivalent models.

There are a number of mistakes in that feature comparison chart. For example, the IntelliChlor has a flow sensor. Also, the whole vector jet thing is misleading, as it only applies to return jet models. The same effect can be gotten in other ways with non-return jet models.

Jason, thanks for the reply...

Is the RJ-30 the same as the CPSC36? I'm confused, and I think they intentionally try to confuse us. Also, it seems that the Compupool doesn't have a flow sensor or salinity check but I find that hard to believe. Then again, that website with the comparison is pushing Circupool, so I don't know what to really believe.

Jeeman

jeeman said:
JasonLion said:

Jason, thanks for the reply...

Is the RJ-30 the same as the CPSC36? I'm confused, and I think they intentionally try to confuse us. Also, it seems that the Compupool doesn't have a flow sensor or salinity check but I find that hard to believe. Then again, that website with the comparison is pushing Circupool, so I don't know what to really believe.

Jeeman
The CircuPool is the more feature rich model. The CompuPool is stripped down, and requires a higher level of salt according to the manual. Neither of them have real flow sensors, and I don't believe the CompuPool will provide a salt reading, while the CircuPool does, but the CompuPool does have low/high salt indicator LEDs. The CircuPool controller case is different than the CompuPool's. The control panel has more buttons and a larger display, as well as exposed heat sinks for the transformer. As far as the cells, I believe they are the same, at least for the CPSC36/RJ45. The vector jet isn't important IMHO, mine is sitting on my desk somewhere. They are both produced by the same company, that much is for sure. When I removed the cover to my CircuPool to reconfigure for 110v, I noticed the PCB was silkscreened "COMPUPOOL" even though it was branded CircuPool on the outside.

jparr said:
JasonLion said:
CompuPool and CircuPool both have flow sensors.
They do report no flow, but there is no mechanical flow sensor that I can see. I assume they interpret it from the voltage/current draw of the cell.

they probably indirectly measure conductivity of water

Autochlor does the same thing. the cell has a sensor pin which senses the water between the pin and the last cell plate.

FWIW - I've had a Circupool RJ30 for about a year & last week it started acting up and finally went into lock-down & tells me 'Not Genuine Call dealer". Called the guys after hours on Saturday & got their recording. Didn't leave a message just figured I'd wait until today. Well, they called me back a couple of hours later on nothing but by caller ID, worked with me until the guy determined that it was beyond him & advised me to call back today & gave the guy's name to talk to. Called this morning & talked to the guy. After explaining what I did on Saturday he told me the main board was in lock down. He then told me he would send a new board out, if I felt comfortable replacing it myself (I do). He just asked that I promptly return the defective board. I am impressed with their warranty process & attitude so far. I will report back after I receive the board, but right now I am more than satisfied with the company and their product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi guys,

I have bought the RJ-45 and have two potential places to put it....the first is on the line between the filter and heater, which is most convenient. It is closest to the wall, and lowest to the ground. The 2nd place to put it is between the heater and return line into the ground. This is furthest from the wall, and I'd have a wire over/under/next to my pump. Is there an issue of doing the chlorine production before the heater?

Jeeman

FWIW - I've had a Circupool RJ30 for about a year & last week it started acting up and finally went into lock-down & tells me 'Not Genuine Call dealer". Called the guys after hours on Saturday & got their recording. Didn't leave a message just figured I'd wait until today. Well, they called me back a couple of hours later on nothing but by caller ID, worked with me until the guy determined that it was beyond him & advised me to call back today & gave the guy's name to talk to. Called this morning & talked to the guy. After explaining what I did on Saturday he told me the main board was in lock down. He then told me he would send a new board out, if I felt comfortable replacing it myself (I do). He just asked that I promptly return the defective board. I am impressed with their warranty process & attitude so far. I will report back after I receive the board, but right now I am more than satisfied with the company and their product.

That's good customer service!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.