Intermittant gurgling, not sure where the air is coming from

Wes45

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Garland, TX
A couple of times a week I notice a gurgling sound when the pool turns on and have some bubbles coming primarily out of one of my 5 returns. I have to go to the filter canister and crack the valve on top to let the excess air out and then everything seems good for a few days. Everything else seems to be in good condition, can't see anything leaking or any wet spots. I'm keeping the pool full so it's not getting lower than the skimmer and sucking in air.
The pool is 5 years old so not sure what to do to try and find out what is causing this problem. I did notice a few drops coming out of the valve on top of the filter canister the other day, could that be the problem? Everytime I check the equipment it seems to be OK.

Any ideas on what to check or look for?

YOu have a very small air leak that is allowing air to seep into the system which, in turn, allows the water to seek level back to the pool.

If you are not having any issues with priming the pump, I wouldn't worry about it. If your pump is not priming, then it needs to be found.

Thanks for the tips, might have helped if I remembered that I posted this question before cause I just reposted it. my bad.
I have not used silicon on the pump strainer in quite some time so maybe that is the culprit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.