Adding borates to an indoor pool?

Jul 1, 2010
Seattle area, WA
Is there any advantage / disadvantage with adding borates to an indoor pool that doesn't apply to an outdoor pool - ordor, cover issues, percipating out on the ground, etc. I finally have my CYA down to 25, the temp up to 84, and everything perfect but the CH - around 185 rather than 250. So I'm trying to decide if I should add borax for the last B of my BBB conversion.

Thanks!

What were you wanting to add them for? pH stability, water feel, algaestatic properties?
After reading the tome on "So you want to add borates to your pool--Why and How", it seemed that it would make the water softer improving the "feel".

I'm not sure if it will help with my pH control. As I have an attached spa, the pH does tend to rise, so I'm adding muriatic acid every week (just added 12 oz today).

I just want to make sure I'm not going to make something worse and wind up draining water again.
see: http://www.troublefreepool.com/need-advice-on-what-to-add-as-i-slowly-reduce-my-cya-t26113.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.