SWG systems

The Hayward/Goldline Aqua-trol should do you well .. just depends on what model you choose.. It includes a pump timer that you can plug in your pump. The RJ--Return jet model goes into the return fitting and does not use a flow switch. Its the best bang for the buck. The cell is rated at 18k. I run mine at 45% for 8 hours a day with CYA of 60 and have normal FC of 5 to 6.

I recommend getting a unit that is designed for a pool that is about 2 or 2.5 times as large as what you actually have. You don't have to do this, a smaller unit will probably work, but the larger unit will be more flexible about pump run time and will last longer (and so pay back the initial up front cost).

If your pump has a cord that plugs in the Aqua Trol is a very good choice. However, if your pump is hardwired, you might want to look at in-ground units.

Is it good that it does not have flow switch? 12,000 gal. I should buy 25,000 - 30,000 gallon SWG? Do I want the SWG to have self cleaning cell mode? Also, is my 16" sand filter big enough to do a good job for pool size or should I upgrade to a bigger one? Mine needs about $110.00 of repair work anyway, should I upgrade to bigger tank and use same 1hp power flo pump setup? Thanks and please give me all the help and info you can. Just got pool and am kind of new to pool maintinance.Let all the good if on alternate chemicals. Kind of debating on SWG. Will it save my money in the long run.

You can buy a model 56601 (2009 model) intex SWG $130-$150...it's no frills, but it works and I run mine for 3-4 hours per day...same size pool. The intex you may save some money, but regardless of which brand you get having a swg is really about convenience vs. saving money

You want a 250lb sand filter and the pump will be just fine.

I have the Hayward s220t and probably backwash 2-3 times per 4 month season...and that usually because the pool overflowed from rain and not that it got too dirty to restrict flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.