Rope Light for AGP

Aug 21, 2010
I am new here and have been reading through the forums. I was unable to find a post for Rope Lights for pool. Instead of putting a spot light in my 18 ft pool, I would like to run rope light underneath the (not sure of it's actual name) white metal plate that goes around the top of the pool. I have found a site that sells it cheap enough for my interests, but unable to find a clip that hole it in place. I would like a clip that goes on the wall under the white metal plates, that way it's out of the way. Rope lights are water proof so that is not a concern. Anybody do something like this?

I like the idea. There may be some downside that others will advise, but if not then I like it. What comes to mind is wire clips for holding electrical wire glued on to the bottom of the Top Rails (the metal plate). Let us know how this turns out.

Do NOT do it! It violates every electrical code issue regarding a swimming pool, and is completely unsafe for you, your family and friends. The electricity can transfer to the swimming pool and kill you! Don't kid yourself that these are "waterproof" and safe. Would you throw it in the pool, turn it on and go in? I don't think so.

Please, do not attempt this. It isn't even close to safe.

Bruce is right. 120v lights that aren't specifically listed for pool use is not a good idea. However if you could find a few strings of 12v lights AND plug them into a listed for pool use transformer, that would be acceptable.

So what your saying is that this is a bad idea. :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm sure most of us have seen this but a shake my head every time I see it)

Attachments

• draft_lens3130832module19807662photo_1236608494redneck_pool_safety_Please_note_the_power_strip...jpg
    draft_lens3130832module19807662photo_1236608494redneck_pool_safety_Please_note_the_power_strip...jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 242
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.