D-Day for my baby boy - being neutered today

From_Arizona

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Glendale, AZ
:(
I have had doggy pack chaos at my house for the last month. I have three terriers, one spayed female jack russell who is dominate, one neutered male rat terrier and one un-altered male rat terrier who is almost two years old and going through hormone he!! right now. After multiple fights, vet bills and now separation between the female jrt and the altered rt, it seems that the unaltered male, Bandit, may be causing the issue due to his raging hormones.
I started showing Bandit at confirmation shows last year and he has a great start getting his champion status and lots of preliminary interest to breed him. I was only going to breed him if he could get his champion title and pass all his health certs....well it breaks my heart, but I think it is best for the pack that he be neutered. We travel to the vet this morning and he will be a new guy this afternoon when I pick him up, I really hope that the change will be noticible after a few months.

Please keep my Bandit in your thoughts today.

Neutering will affect some aggresiveness but not all, if he has established himself as the Alpha, I highly doubt it will affect anything. I would insure he knows you are the Alpha Male/Female and give him holy ole heck whenever he does this. If you can, grabbing him around the scruff of the neck while scolding him will work great.

Thanks for the tips. Bandit is doing better today and looks forward to being able to get in the pool when he is fully healed.

Bandit is not the alpha at this time, my female jack russell is the alpha female of the dogs and tries to push it every time I am not around. She has a hard head and I have battled with her over who is the pack leader since she was a little puppy.

Bandit is vying for his pack place and has caused lost of tension due to this and his amorous behavior. I have used the scruff of neck, grab them by the lip (where you pinch top & bottom together) and used my hand to "bite" when appropriate.

I do hope that the pack will have a reduction of tension once the male hormones subside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.