Full Print/No Border IG Vinyl Liner?

mx702

Aug 2, 2010
MA
Time to make a liner selection for our new pool. We are leaning towards a borderless/full print, but are slightly hesitant mainly because we just have not seen many(or any for that matter). We're wondering if there is a reason you don't see more people choosing this option. Any pics of pool with a full print liner installed as well any thoughts/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey, thats a nice liner... Altho, Im wondering if a printed border actually serves a functional purpose of masking a faded area of a liner above the water line once it starts to age?

I would really like a liner like yours due to it's clean simplistic look, altho, my concern would be that over time, without a patterned border, would you start to see the seperation above and below the water line?

Yes agreed...my point was that a separate tile like pattern above the water that becomes a bit faded may not be as easily discernible against a different pattern below the water that hasn't faded. Its probably much easier to see a faded area vs non faded area when there's just one continuous pattern above and below the water. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was thinking that if you have a tiled border, the portion below the water will fade and the portion above will be darker (chlorine in the water bleaches the liner much more than sunlight on the dry portion). Regardless of what you do, after several years you'll have lighter color below the water line and darker above.

I really appreciate all the replies and pics. I am now convinced that we are going to opt for a full print liner with a cantilever edge. I'll post pics when we reach that stage. Thanks again.

mx702 said:
X-PertPool said:
The liner we have in our pool now doesn't have a border. We've noticed over the years that a pool that doesn't have a border will "look" bigger vs. the same size pool with a border.
give me a couple days to dig out the old liner pictures and i'll take some new shots with the new borderless liner.

Any pics you could share?

I really appreciate all the replies and pics. I am now convinced that we are going to opt for a full print liner with a cantilever edge. I'll post pics when we reach that stage. Thanks again.
mx702 - have you experienced any fading on the top portion of your liner when compared to the part that is underwater? I’m wondering if after a few years there is a difference at the water line level. We are in the market for a new liner and I’m leaning towards no border but worried about this. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.