ProTeam Supreme Plus

chriscard25

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2010
Hello,
Yes, I know this is more expensive than the DIY method, but my pool is 2 weeks old, and will more than likely be closed for the season in two weeks, so I am taking the easy route.

Seems like this is a great product, but I have one question I am hoping someone can help with. I understand how to figure the correct dosage for my pool, but the instructions on the label state to add the full qty needed in 2 seperate applications. What they fail to state is how LONG do you wait for the second application.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks.

FYI--my current numbers:
FC 4.5
CC 0.5
TA 130
PH between 7.2 and 7.5
CYA 50--Adding more this weekend.

Installing my aquatrol SWG tonight as well.

24' x 52" Doughboy AP, approx. 15,000 gallons.

I would hold off on adding it this season. You'll end up having to replenish some of your borate level in the spring and I would rather see you work on lowering TA if the addition of a SWG is causing PH rise. Other than that, just borate in the sping :goodjob:

If you decide to proceed, allow for on full turnover and make sure you test PH before swimming.

Thanks for the advice. I am set on adding this year, so I will take your advice on waiting for a turnover and PH test.

ON another note--I was under the impression that the TA was to be left alone if there were not other issues? My PH has been 7.5 consistentaly, expect for the last couple of days it has dipped a tenth or two--I am attributing this to the solar cover staying on the last 3 days.

The manual for the SWG states to keep the TA between 80 and 120, So I am not too far off?

That's fine...I love borates and use them personally, but just figured I would let you know you will need to replenish some.

Great that TA at 120 was working fine, but I noticed you were installing a SWG tonight and that promotes PH rise...once you add borates, if your PH starts rising it will take more acid to adjust PH down with borates.

Thanks for your help and input! It is truly appreciated!

I am somewhat impatient, and would like to get as much done this season as possible. To much type "a" in my blood. I also read the Borates help with a cleaner open in the spring, which is another reason. That and my Dad, who is a pool know it all, is coming up this weekend. I would love for my water to be the best possible for this...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.