Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I have a crack in my skimmer base .. about 2" from the inlet hole. It doesn't appear that it is leaking from this area .. Yet, but is there something (epoxy, etc) I can fill it in with after I drain the skimmer for the winter.?

sand place down,need to rough up the surface.Use a 2 part epoxy&let it cure..I've done this several time's..Once with a old clorinator that cracked&also with a pump strainer basket..no problem's..Got a couple more year's of use....

We have used Plasti Dip inside and out at the crack area on our older skimmer. Painted it on and let it cure (24 hrs.). We also have repaired our vinyl solar panel leaks with this product.

kplaster said:
I don't think the puddy will work..You want something liquid that you can get down in the crack!!!

Actually, the epoxy putty works like a charm on cracks in plastic. It doesnt have to get down in the crack to work. You just put the putty over the crack and smooth it down over the edges. Liquid will work too just fine, but there is nothng wrong with the putty either. I fixed a crack in my light niche with it and it was/is fine.

bk406 said:
kplaster said:
I don't think the puddy will work..You want something liquid that you can get down in the crack!!!

Actually, the epoxy putty works like a charm on cracks in plastic. It doesnt have to get down in the crack to work. You just put the putty over the crack and smooth it down over the edges. Liquid will work too just fine, but there is nothng wrong with the putty either. I fixed a crack in my light niche with it and it was/is fine.
I will have to try that the next time!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.