Token's Pool Build - Need Quote Feedback

token

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2010
Missouri
I would like thank everyone who makes this site such an invaluable resource.
I'm only one month into my pool education but I have learned a great deal here.

I'm located in Missouri and have received the quote below and I'm waiting for pricing from 2 other PB's.

Quote #1:
Fort Wayne Sterling (steel panel) 20' X 34' X 50' True-L (2ft Radius), 9 ft max depth
4' concrete deck standard
Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050, 3HP
Pentair Clean and Clear 520 Cartridge Filter
IntelliChlor Chlorine Generator IC60
Pentair MasterTemp Heater 400,000 BTU
3 x IntelliBrite® Color LED
Pentair Intellitouch Control System Intellitouch ScreenLogic and IC60 load center
Prowler 720 Robotic Cleaner
3 X Crystal Fountain spray heads
3 X Skimmers
2 X Drains
Acrylic 8ft white leisure step and 11 ft Roman Step
2 X Ladder
SR Smith Cantilever Jump Stand with 8' Frontier III Board - White w/White Springs
Solid Safety Cover
163 ln ft. of stamped cantilever concrete coping
Additional concrete $6.25/sf

Installation Requirements:
•All plumbing to be at least 2" rigid PVC (no flexible pipe used)
•Plumb 3 skimmers separate from other suctions lines with 2" valves
•Plumb 2 drains on separate line with 2" valve
•Plumb 6 returns with directional eyeball fittings

Total Price $55,487.

Here is a link to the layout.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and I will update as I get more quotes.

Thanks in advance,
Token

Token, I've never seen an L-shaped pool configured the way you have it, granted I haven't been around the pool game all that long, about 3 years. What made you set it up the way you have it, because your deep end really messes up the shallow end. Lap swimming perhaps? I see safety issues with the way it's currently configured because there's no easy way to define or cordon off the deep end break. Interesting.

Hello Fins,

My goal for the layout is to have a 30'X20' (right side of diagram) area of 3'6" for volleyball or other activities and the other 34' X 20' area for for the diving board . The PB diagram shows rope in the diagram running horizontally but I wasn't planning on having a rope. Are safety ropes required for a deep end?
If so, I would run it vertically across the L and not horizontally.

Hopefully this makes sense ;)

Thanks again for the feedback.

Token

Token, I see where you're going, although it's still a little strange to me since we have a traditional L-shape set-up. The most logical way to run the safety rope would be from the inside corner of the L straight South, which I think is also what you were saying. I'm really surprised that the PB showed the rope the way he did in the first place. Very odd and makes me wonder about him a little bit to be honest. If you ultimately go with him I would make sure that he sets the rope anchors in the coping as we discussed. You may ultimately never use your rope (the only time we used ours was the day the building inspector came for the final inspection) but you want them in the right place nevertheless in case you ever sell your home and the new buyers want a safety rope. Is is safe to assume that your home sits to the "South" of the pool along the long shallow edge? I'm guessing yes, and that's the reason for the 2 points of entry in what will be a massive shallow end. :-D

Thanks for the heads up on the safety rope. :)
The plan is to run it from the inside corner to the intersect the L.
I know the PB was having issues getting the drawing done properly since the regular engineer was on vacation. I will definitely follow up with him to get it corrected.

Thanks,
Token

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.