AutoPilot SC-48 Pwr Ctrl Error

May 10, 2010
I had posted about a problem with my Pool Pilot Digital (SC-48) back in May, when I opened my pool. I noted a "Check Cell - Low Amps" error and indeed there was a problem. After some discussion here, sending the unit back to Autopilot - who told me that after extended testing, they could not find a problem with the unit, I ended up getting a new cell, a new circuit board with updated software, and a new cord to connect the cell. Things seemed fine for several weeks.

A few weeks ago, I noted the dreaded "Red Light" flashing and now I am seeing a different error -- "Purifier OFF! Pwr Ctrl Error". There is no chlorine being generated. When I run the test, I get the following:

Salt 2900 ppm
add 20 pounds Salt
Temperature 85
13V 2.6Amps
04 318 64

or

Salt 2900 ppm
add 20 pounds Salt
Temperature 85
9V 2.4 Amps
04 364 64

I called Autopilot and they told me to send it in and they would take a look. I suppose I don't have any options, as there is no dealer nearby.
Just wondering if anybody here had any thoughts. What do the numbers "04 318 64" or "04 364 64" (which appear at the end of the test) mean?

Thanks

I just got home from work and tried to do what you suggested. I don't see that in the maintenance menu. I checked the other menus -- owner options, installer menu -- and the only thing I see is "Freeze Protect" and that is already disabled.

Am I missing something? I have the Pool Pilot Digital, v4.40. I have a SC-48 Cell.

Thanks for your help.

Forgive me for the delay in responding. I was moving my son into an apartment for school.

First, a thousand thanks to Sean. I hope that Autopilot knows what a wonderful person they have working for them. I have never seen an employee of a company offer to take a call on a weekend, just to help me out. Again, thank you so much.

And, your suggestion of replacing the 20A fuse seems to have worked. The original fuse looked to be as old as the unit (6 years), and since it is ceramic, I couldn't tell if it was blown, however immediately on replacing it, the unit is generating 24V, 5.0 Amps.

This saves me the need to send the unit to Florida, and now I don't have to buy any more chlorine (I had bought some back in May when I sent the unit back, and it was just about to run out).

I will continue to monitor the unit over the next few days, but I am pretty sure that the problem is solved, as the unit was working immediately on power-up.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.