wrinkles in 2 month old pool

cab

Aug 18, 2010
i recently had a leak in our liner due to sloppy labor soo it caused the liner to wrinkle about a foot below the slope going to the deep end. is the plunger the only trick to get these out? one is about 3 ft long. thanks in advance.

Any chance the wrinkle is because there's still water behind the liner?
We had a wrinkle in the shallow end......had to lower water to just below slope to deep end, removed wrinkle with some elbow grease (it actually helped that we had water behind our liner at the time because the vinyl was easier to move), then the pool company put their vacuums back onto the edge of the pool to keep the vacuum behind the liner while we refilled it. No more wrinkles. (No clue about the validity of the statement but we were told that if you're going to get a wrinkle it's often when the liner is new and hasn't 'seated' itself to the walls/floor behind it.)

not sure if there is water still under it GEM but we only have a month of "swimming" weather left so i think im going to look the other way until then. i did talk to a guy that floats the liner to get wrinkles out. may give him a shot to.

'floats' the wrinkles out? (I assume that means he pumps water behind the liner?) Interesting idea......I assume that as you refill the pool the pressure from the water on top pushes the water under the liner away.
Our soil is all clay and holds water around the entire pool so the pool company puts an 8" pipe with a skimmer lid into the deck beside the pool in the shallow end. You put a standalone pump into the pipe when the ground water gets too high - this pulls the water out from behind the pool liner which make sure the automatic vac keeps working amongst other things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.