Hi all. I did an ascorbic acid treatment @ 3 weeks ago, everything was peachy and the pool puuurrfect. Clear water, clean walls, just the best ever.
About 2 weeks after the treatment, I noticed some cloudiness and thought, "Must be some algae, I'll shock". Well that has been almost 2 weeks ago and my pool is a royal mess. Since yesterday I have added no less than 15 bottles of the 1.4 gallon Clorox bottles from BJs. My husband thinks I am an idiot and this "BBB stuff, doesn't work." He is ready to call in a pool guy (shudder) and fix "my mistake". Add to that the pool actually smells bad, like a moldy sock. The pool is an extremely cloudy, slightly green clolor. You can see down about one or two feet. The drains in the deep end are completely gone. Leading up to this I brushed and vaccumed everyday for 4 days straight. My Taylor test kit says that I am above 25 ppm for FC and no CC at all. I have held that for two days straight. (I don't know how to test for higher CL with the Taylor's kit) I have already backwashed my filter today twice adding new DE. I did this twice yesterday too. Is it possible that I have too much chlorine? I don't think it is calcium in the water as my numbers seem fine. I brought the PH and Alk down a tad, because it seems to be creeping up a bit. The only thing that I have added in the last 4 days is clorox. I have noticed some slight white dots (scale?) on the ladder in the deep end, they come right off though. Please help.
Numbers from this AM
I would like to bring down the CYA, but am not ready to pump out and add fresh water (which is high in calcium and iron) unless an expert says ok.