Heat Pump broken and just sits there

magicalyak

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I bought a house and the pool is great but there is a AquaCal big sqaure black heat pump that looks like on the inside the compressor is cracked (I guess it froze and broke)? Anyway, has anyone had these repaired? If not have you removed it and with what? The thing is huge! Any ideas would be appreciated. My parents had a pool an the pool heater there was also broken. I haven't seen a working one lol! This one looks less than 7 years old but it's broken.

Tom

Nope I wasn't, it looks to be the heat exchanger and I called AquaCal support to see what they would say (he said heat exchanger and I remember a pool guy looking and saying the same). He also said it's a $1500 repair but that's not too bad considering new pumps are 3-4K! I think I'm going to wait until the weather cools down and see if we want to do it.

Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.