LauleaHere&There

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2010
Rural Moloka'i, Hawai'i
I'm not sure where it goes or how to attach it. :oops: Logic would put it into the skimmer, where there is some suction, but I need some advice on how to attach it--if indeed, that's where it goes--and how to keep it from a) floating and b) sucking air.

I don't have a hose for it, either, but figured I'd cobble together the corrugated hose that was provided for the plumbing, and which I took off in favor of rigid pvc.

Thanks, everybody!

Attachments

• DSCF0001_edited.JPG
    DSCF0001_edited.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 172
LauleaHere&There said:
I'm not sure where it goes or how to attach it. :oops: Logic would put it into the skimmer, where there is some suction, but I need some advice on how to attach it--if indeed, that's where it goes--and how to keep it from a) floating and b) sucking air.

I don't have a hose for it, either, but figured I'd cobble together the corrugated hose that was provided for the plumbing, and which I took off in favor of rigid pvc.
t
Thanks, everybody!

Hello LauleaHere&There,

Glad you posted this picture. I've been trying to find a vac plate like this, but nowhere does it say what size diam and depth they are. Or if it is threaded inside or not. Could you measure the inside diam. on yours? And tell me if it threaded or not? Also where did you purchase it from?

Thanks in advance. :-D

Hi, BuneDockMama--The center hole and the cone are threaded. The the disc edge is not threaded. The diameter is 6 1/4" on the outside, inside dia. is 6". I just set it, cone up, into the skimmer, right on top of the basket.

Unfortunately, I don't know where to tell you to find one of this dimension. It came with the pool kit with the skimmer. I'll look around, though and see if I can find a model number or something.

Attachments

• DSCF0004_edited.JPG
    DSCF0004_edited.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 133
I bought this one. Some raised nubs where the skimmer basket handle fits interfered, so I ended up wandering the plumbing aisles until I found some pieces to fit and just plug straight into the suction port of the skimmer.

I'd spend the money for a proper vacuum hose - what you have may collapse or sink, or suck air through the joints. Who needs the frustration?

Thanks, Richard. I should and probably will. It's just that I haven't found it available on our little island yet, and nobody ships without collecting more money for shipping than the hose is worth. Even if they say shipping is free, it's never free all the way to me. Next time I'm in Honolulu, I'll pick one up.

Do people actually use these? I maintain a number of pools and I have never used one, nor have I met anyone who does. But they ARE in some of the pool rooms. Our skimmers have 1 1/4" holes at the bottom for suction, into which we directly insert our 1 1/4" hose ends.

What is the reason/benefit of the plates?

The plate keeps you from having to remove the skimmer basket. Leaving the skimmer basket in place catches the big stuff before it gets to the pump basket. I know on my pool the skimmer basket is much easier to clean than the pump basket is and it just gives another level before anything gets to the impeller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.