I've learned that high levels of chlorine will destroy enzymes (such as Pool Perfect) and wondered if a non-chlorine shock would leave the enzymes undamaged. I'm thinking that a strong oxidizer would probably take out the enzymes, but I wanted to get a definite answer.
Also have heard that shocking with chlorine will inactivate a chelating/sequestering agent and cause metals to fall out of solution. Would using a non-chlorine shock prevent that problem? This came up in another thread but there were other issues being addressed and I guess it got buried.