Handy leveling tool for building a AGP

kyk96

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2009
I had a lot of ups and downs this summer building our first AGP. One thing that was well worth the money I spent was a water level. Some prefer a laser, but that wasn't in my budget and things were drawn out too long to rent one. I could have bougth 3 of them for what the rental store wanted for as long as I needed it! You can make your own homemade water level, but for $40 or so you can get this fancy one online. Very accurate and easy to use, don't know what I would have done without it, highly recommended. You can check it out at: http://www.watrlevel.com.

[attachment=0:3aj1u5s8]24in_catalog%20001%20wide_small.jpg[/attachment:3aj1u5s8]

I am in no way affiliated with the company, but it's a really slick idea. Just thought I would throw it out there for folks to check out. We are now happily swimming in our crystal clear TFP!

Attachments

• 24in_catalog%20001%20wide_small.jpg
    24in_catalog%20001%20wide_small.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 394
Here is my DIY version: two car jack stands, a garden hose, two plastic tubes with metric scales on them and of course silver tape! Allowed me to singlehandedly level pavers for a 12x24 Intex within a few milimeters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
There are many Elevation/altimeter app's available for iOS & android, some look like they go down to 2 decimals of meters/feet.
I wonder if one of them would do the job and it would be interesting if one of you that have a water level would compare the level to an app?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.