Hardened algae on intex liner

May 19, 2008
gulf coast of Texas
We seem to have hardened algae(green) around the bottom edges of the liner. I have brushed it over and over and it just doesn't come loose. I rubbed it with my foot and it feels hardened..like rough and like it calcified to the liner? Can that happen if you don't brush it when it forms? We were lazy with the pool this summer since no one was really using it. The water is clear, I just can't scrub the algae off.

Okay, I was finally able to get out there today to get some numbers for you. There are a few leaves on the bottom of the pool that I need to scoop out this evening that fell today. here are my numbers:

FC 3
CC .5
TC 3.5
pH 7.5
TA 160
CA 380
CYA 55

And here is a pic I got with my phone while getting the numbers.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 86
If I lower the pH for an extended period, would it loosen it or dissolve it?
Perhaps, but I would elevate the chlorine levels first. Keep your FC up around 10ppm or so for a week and see what effect that has. ANY chance you get, scrub the stain trying to loosen just part of it.

If that fails or you see no improvement after a week or so, then you can consider pH but that's a little trickier and you'll have to test carefully.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.