First backwash-is this DE in the water now?

I performed my first backwash and filter cleaning today. It's a Hayward DE 4820. I did one backwash cycle and then took the filter apart and hosed the grids off. This evening while swimming, I noticed small particles floating in the water. They look almost like small thin pieces of skin or really tiny jellyfish. Is this excess DE I am seeing in the water and is that normal?

Thanks

Here's the update. Test rsults from this morning:

FC-4
CC-0
CYA-45
TA-115
CH - 60
pH -7.6

I donned the goggles and looked under the water before the filter was running and nothing floating around. Fired up the pump/filter and looked again 1/2 hour later. The particles were floating around again. I am surely hoping it isn't the white mold/pimk slime stuff. Pool has been maticulously maintained with the BBB method and I have really not had any other issues. It seems VERY coincidental that yesterday when I cleaned the pool ( I do this inside with goggles on) there was nothing. I then backwash and clean the filter grids and that evening I see this stuff. Also, nothing there when the filter was off and when I turn it on it reappears.

Any thoughts????? Please help!!!!

Thanks,
Rob

That is wierd. How big are the particles? White mold is supposedly 1mm to 5mm and looks like tissue paper fragments in the water. Obviously DE is much finer than 1mm so that might be a place to start.

Can you get a sample in a bottle? Maybe someone can ID it for you.

I'm really sorry I can't help with this.

I would give it some filter time. If you have just cleaned your filter grids, it may be a bit until they get things clear. Filter grids that are a little bit dirty will filter a bit better than perfectly clean ones will. Let the filter run, brush, and watch your FC for overnight loss of > 1 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.