Abg pool landscaping pictures- Wanted

Aug 1, 2010
Hi eveyone,
We finally got the trench issue resolved by calling our warrenty company and asking them to send something in writing that allows us to bury the pool 2ft down without loosing our warrenty. We got sent an ammendment clause. So now that we have the trench filled, we need landscaping ideas. There is way to much mud around the pool. I would love to see pictures of your Abg pool landscaping pictures and ideas on how to get rid of/cover up the exposed mud. My idea was to use ground cover/ weed barrier and then add smooth river rocks. If I do use smooth river rocks what would be the best size to use?
Thanks,
cbcamp5

Here's what I'm doing. Since the pool is "buried".............I assure you that dirt is gonna sink! Which for me meant having to put more dirt on top of it to level it back up, hide post bottom framing and such. More dirt than you can probably envision at this point. I have temporarily covered around my pool 2 feet out or so with cypress mulch to keep the weeds down and cover the dirt. It is one heck of a lot easier just to rake back the mulch to add more dirt or topsoil until it settles in real good. You'll also get a good idea of what kind of rain wash you'll encounter and may have to allow for. Mine has been in almost 3 months and is still settling just a bit. Later this fall when it cools down I'll come back and do some decking, edging, ground cover and such. You can always use the mulch elsewhere if not around the ground cover for your plants. Just my thoughts and I'm glad I did.

Here are some pics of my backyard. While I still consider my yard to be a work in progress, I am pretty happy with the direction its heading.

Here is a before shot:
100_0684.jpg

And here are some afters:
043.jpg

042.jpg

041.jpg

040.jpg

022-1.jpg

044.jpg

I'd love some hints to help close off the pool filter and heater from routine view. If I knew back when I put the pool in what I have learned by now i would I would have put my equipment in my garage right from the get go. But, live and learn as they say. For now the equipment is staying poolside. Any advice to help keep it out of sight?

Thanks All!
Leanne

edit to fix spelling

I have the same issue with filter and pump near pool instead of near house. I used 2 lattice pieces to hide them, just placed there and easy to remove. You can buy a ready-made plastic kit at HD or Lowes -- I think it's 2 (maybe 3) pieces that people use to hide garbage cans.

I also did some plantings nearby.

How how beauitful!Thanks for sharing, This is sorta of what I had in mind. I do not want to plant anything around the pool, but use containers and potted plants instead. I wonder how you would feel about a white latcie box around the pump equipment, it's decorative, and easy to access.

New Pool owner of 2 months.

I finished landscaping the area around our AGP this past summer and will upload pics and share them ASAP. It took a lot of muscle and time, but pay some young labor and it gets done rather quickly! I even put landscaping fabric under the deck and it was the best thing I ever did. No more weeds growing up through the decking and being unable to get to them. We used River Rock, #55? I think. It's the medium size and then worked in flagstone for walking and finally edged it in the 8 inch red brick lodgestone from Lowe's. Underneath it all is landscaping fabric and yes, I would do that again in a heartbeat. A heck of a lot easier to pull weeds on the surface than from rooted in.

Here are some of the pics from this past summer. I have added a few more plants around the side of the pool in the areas that are awkward to get a mower into. Just let me say that it took ALL summer and I am glad that it is done! That is a lot of river rock to move by shovel and wheelbarrow. The flagstones were moved by the highschool and college guys. Of course I'll have to change where those are next summer!

thebadboys.jpg

underpoolnorthmiddle.jpg

Just a bit of fading where the lattice was attached. We did use One Time Wood on the entire deck and that funky pattern is now gone.

kevandcon.jpg

robshoveling.jpg

frontNorth.jpg

We did continue the edging all the way around the pool and connected it to the stones behind the pool.

behindpoolnorthwest.jpg

My son went a bit nutty with the Roundup and killed more than I wanted him to, but hey, its grass. It can be replanted.

finishedsouthwest.jpg

finishedpoolandporch.jpg

lookingsouthwest.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

Aside from the pool, my favorite place to hang out is the back porch. By far the best decision we ever made. :party:

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

I know it isn't anything like some of the gorgeous pools on this site, but it is our little slice of fun in the summer months. Hope these help you with what you were looking for. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I save my pics to my computer and upload them through imageshack.us. Others use photobucket.

Hi,
We live in Lafayette, LA and are contemplating semi-burying an above ground pool like you did. I noticed it has been a few years since you did it and wanted to know if you have had any problems. Thanks for the feedback and by the way your pool looks great!
Cynthia Thompson
DSCN0332.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.