Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brumgee?

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Brumgee?

This forum doesn't have an area for pool cleaning implements and accessories, so I figured this was the closest I could get.

Has anyone tried a cleaning tool called a Brumgee? It's supposed to be something of a cross between a brush (or broom) and a squeegee. It's recommended as an alternative to metal-bristle brushes which of course can't be used in vinyl-lined or fiberglass pools. It can also be used to clean covers, spas, etc.

I found this on Leisure Living and am thinking about getting one. It sounds great! Looking for some opinions here first. . .

Thx,
    Jules
    ~Jules~

My pool: INDOOR 13x27 rectangular fiberglass, built ~2001, BBB, TA-60 sand filter, Hayward two speed pump (1 hp/0.33 hp), 3/4 hp booster pump for solar heater
    Taylor K-2006 test

2. Back To Top    #2

Never tried one but it sounds good...Mind writing a review if you get one ???
    Thanks
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

I just purchased the Brumgee green 17inch today at Rec Warehouse, it was 24 dollars and some change before tax. I just finished using it on my side walls and it worked great(AGP) The bristles are made out of rubber and are pretty firm but soft also if that makes any sense. It looks like that it will last at least 3 to 5 summers maybe more. I like it and do not have any regrets getting it.
    28K IG, stonescapes pebble, raised spa, hayward heater, 2HP Super II pump, Hayward 60ft DE filter, built around 1980, remodeled 2007.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Thanks for the feedback! I think I will buy one.

~Jules~
    ~Jules~

My pool: INDOOR 13x27 rectangular fiberglass, built ~2001, BBB, TA-60 sand filter, Hayward two speed pump (1 hp/0.33 hp), 3/4 hp booster pump for solar heater
    Taylor K-2006 test

5. Back To Top    #5
    I am moving this to the Product Reviews forum!!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I have the Brumgee now--bought the 14" wide version that attaches to a pool pole. It is really GREAT for clearing off the water from my spa cover after a rain. I've used it to brush my pool also. It's fine for that since my pool is small. If you have a larger pool, get a wider version of the Brumgee.

Jules
    ~Jules~

Taylor K-2006 test