Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Thank you AquaRite and thank you TFP. I have actually had many years of nearly perfect pool due to TFP and PF before that, but since I got the AquaRite - I've had a completely wonderful, technologically perfect experience. This summer has been warm, full of many wonderful swimming days.

I have had NO issues, glitches, problems or concerns since the AquaRite went in vs the constant pouring in chlorine or babysitting and resetting every time a storm caused power outages with the Intex.

I love my pool, my AquaRite and of course, love my PRover Jr too. This summer has been the exact reason why I have a pool. YESSSSSSSSS. :party:

Lets face it - TFP and PF were created to help people who were having problems so that is exactly what you will see here. And really the help people get here is just stellar!!! But I sometimes wonder if people thinking about getting a pool or some sort of add-on equipment like a SWG might come here and see post after post about problems and get cold feet? There are many of us that don't have problems with any of our equipment and everything works just as it should; we just don't really have a reason to post that. Well - that's me this entire summer (right after I replaced the failed liner and put in new Gorilla Pad, wall foam, foam cove, new AquaRite, etc) I'm just sayin.....

I don't think people get scared away by seeing posts from those who have problems with their pools because 1) most such threads are from new users first coming to this forum and 2) nearly every one results in a success story and 3) there are plenty of threads with "thank you, everything's great now, the pool has never looked better". There are around 3000 new members signed up every year on TFP and of these at least 500 if not 1000 have some sort of chemical pool problem most commonly due to not maintaining an FC appropriate for the CYA level, usually because they use only stabilized chlorine or they have an SWG with a rising pH problem due to high TA, etc. Once these issues are resolved and people start following the principles and techniques in the Pool School, most do not come back. The others have mechanical issues or just want advice on products or systems and they too are helped.

Then there are the thousands of lurkers who don't register, but also read the Pool School and follow the advice from reading relevant threads. Those people, too, are helped. So in all, thousands of pool owners every year are learning how to take charge of their pools and not be dependent on advice from other sources that is often wrong or a far more expensive approach.

Richard

We know that Richard, you could have just said "Nuh-ah, do not!" : )

I have had a gazillian problems (some my fault and some not) that have been fixed due to help I got here over the last many years I've known you all and way back on PF - I would not be this Trouble-Free if I did not find this place.

For us this will be the summer we compare all future summers to. Early open, pool warmed up quickly and the SWG made life simpler. Lately the cool nights, although great for sleeping, have been dropping my pool temp. It's getting close to dropping out of the 80's.... :cry:

MikeInNH said:
For us this will be the summer we compare all future summers to. Early open, pool warmed up quickly and the SWG made life simpler. Lately the cool nights, although great for sleeping, have been dropping my pool temp. It's getting close to dropping out of the 80's.... :cry:

Central CA has been the opposite. Very late cold. Caused havoc with pools and gardens. Weather has easily been pool weather but we're in 50-s at night which is unseasonably cool. Does keep pool temp down with the 95-100 degree high. Hopefully I've got 8 more weeks.

crabboy said:
NWMNMom said:
This summer has been the exact reason why I have a pool. YESSSSSSSSS. :party:

You speak as if Summer is over... Still a good four or more weeks left of the pool season. :)

Oh I believe we will be starting to close next weekend. When the nights drop into the low 50s or upper 40s and stay there, its all over. There aren't enough warm days to reverse cold nights.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You're right - folks don't write in to say things are great... So, I just had to chime in with a "me too!". We added an Auto Pilot SWG and two solar panels this year and, aside from playing with the chlorine generation % and wondering why my CYA tests never seem to come out the same way twice, it's been a very troublefree summer of swimming! Not quite ready to close up for the year yet - hope to get at least another month out of the season...

I've learned so much from this forum and will continue to do so, I'm sure. Thanks to everyone who takes time to contribute - this is a wonderful resource!

*upon further reflection, I'd say that our pool has been so "low maintenance" this year there have been a few times where I've wondered if I'm doing everything right! :cheers:

New pool owner of a couple months here. Found this site early so my experience has been a great one. My neighbor has had a pool for 6 yrs and he too is starting to ask me questions as our pool is always sparkling. Turns out his CYA had to be close to 250 as he has used pucks from day one. So needless to say he drained it many times over to get it down and he is still at 70. I told him now is the time to get a SWG like I did a few weeks back. Best thing I ever did and finding this forum was the absolute best thing... Thanks to all..

Same thing here! Installed Digital Autopilot end of June and water has been sparkling since. Only other thing i added was something to bump up my calcium hardness. Vacuum here and there, backwash, refill a bit, etc.

Unfortunately i never got my heater to work, so my swimming is getting close to done for the summer. Might squeeze in a few more weeks. I'll look into heating for next summer i think.

Cheers!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.