What does broadcast mean

Broadcast means to spread it around the pool in a random pattern.

What type acid are you using?

If it's liquid just pour it slowly in front of a running return. If it's dry acid mix it in a bucket of pool water and pour it slowly in front of a return.

I don't know if the techniques are valid, I guess we will have to prove them on Myth Busters but I heard that there are two techniques to pouring acid. The first is to pour it in a slug, all at once in the same spot. This is supposed to reduce pH plus TA. The second technique is to broadcast. This technique is to basically throw the acid out into the pool, kind of like tossing a baseball, and this will lower just the pH and not so much the TA.

svenpup said:
benavidescj said:
...The first is to pour it in a slug, all at once in the same spot. This is supposed to reduce pH plus TA....
This is a myth. No busting necessary.

pool-school/lowering%20total%20alkalinity.

Yup...acid reduces both PH and TA :goodjob: regardless of how you add it. The slug method can actually cause damage to your pool surface.

Funny when I read the broadcast question, I was thinking get a loudspeaker and announce to your neighborhood that you are handling acid :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.