Ph constantly on the rise!

Hi everyone! This is my first post so hope I do this right!
My pools PH rises so frequently that I am adding about 64oz muriatic acid every 2 or 3 days. After reading everything I can find on this site about rising PH, I'm guessing it might be due to aeration rather that chemistry (maybe). We use our Riverflow pump two hours a day, which causes the entire 22K pool to circulate for two hours. Also, because of many crape myrtles, high temperature (100's) and high water temp (92) I've been running the pump 24/7 at 1400 rpm, IntelliChlor at 20%. This keeps the pool sparkling at all times but I feel like I can't go away for 2 weeks because who knows how high the PH will be when I get back! So my questions are these:
Is the PH rise caused by aeration? If so, is there an automatic muriatic acid dispenser I can add to the pool system?
Would adding Borates help? I almost added them after reading those threads but thought I'd check with the experts first!

Current TF-100 test results:
FC 6.5 (high today; usually keep at 5)
CC 0
PH 7.8 (might be higher; don't have a PH meter yet)
TA 70
CH 260
CYA 60
Thanks so much for your help!

Your rising pH is caused by aeration (from the SWG as well as other water movement) AND chemistry: specifically TA.

There are a few things you can try. First of all, you can add CYA up to 80 ppm which should allow you to reduce you SWG run time/percentage.

Also, you can add borates AND bring TA down to 50-60. Adding borates allows you to run a lower TA which will help you slow the pH rise.

grannyswimz, I have a new pool and a SWG. I am adding about 1 gallon of bleach a week. Just letting you know you are not alone with your issue. I have borates at 50 ppm and keep my TA around 70 ppm. My CYA is about 70 ppm. I am hoping my rising pH is related to my pool being new, about 4 months old. I am pretty sure I will always have some rise in pH due to my SWG and am investing in an automated acid dispenser.

Thanks everyone. Our pool is 8 months old and was drained and acid washed 2 months ago due to minor finish flaws. So maybe this is just a curing issue. In the meantime I'll investigate automated dispensers (Carlos, thanks for letting me know they exist). After the pool was refilled I did all the chems myself according to TFP. Checked my results with Leslies and lady said "You balanced all this perfectly yourself?" Three cheers for TFP!!

My fill water is 340 TA so if I am adding water, I need to add MA to reduce pH. Test your fill water, you may find that it will be a constant battle, so just get used to it.

A jug of bleach, 1 - 2 cups of acid, every other day, pretty much.

I'm in the same boat but have a bit of a different question. If one is constantly battling high pH due to aeration and with this adding a lot of muriatic acid wouldn't this result in a TA that is too low eventually?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.