New wall whale brush

exiled

Jun 7, 2009
las vegas (sin city)
well i finally found a decent local run pool supply and picked up one of these brushes today and all i can say is :party: :party: :party: :party: :whoot: :whoot: :whoot:. why didnt i buy one of these sooner :hammer:?? it cut the work time down to 1/3 and scrubs like theres no tomorrow. the only complaint i had about it was the 2 prong clip that holds it into the pole kept popping loose out of the pole so a quick robbing of said clip from my old brush and its perfect :goodjob:

Re: new wall whale brush

I love mine too. I've had it forever and really couldn't do a lot of brushing without it with my bad back.

Great idea to transfer fin to the ss brush. Does it still work the same as on the original brush?

I mostly use the steel brush so I purchased the Brush Booster that attaches to any brush. Intheswim has them but you can find better prices on the Internet.

gg=alice

Re: new wall whale brush

geekgranny said:
I love mine too. I've had it forever and really couldn't do a lot of brushing without it with my bad back.

Great idea to transfer fine to the ss brush. Does it still work the same as on the original brush?

I mostly use the steel brush so I purchased the Brush Booster that attaches to any brush. Intheswim has them but you can find better prices on the Internet.

gg=alice
Yes, just the same. The original nylon brush and the steel brush have virtually identical contours, although, of course, the screw holes don't line up perfectly. I had to drill some new holes, but the plastic is soft.

It does move a lot of water. That's one of its attractions for me though I can see where it could be tricky if you're trying to get your debris in a pile :)

I use it to push water from about 6' away against our wedding cake steps. You can see huge swirls of water come out from behind them moments later. With this method we have never had algae behind or under the steps.

I also use it to mix in bleach if I add it at a time when the pump isn't on. Just a few pushes with this brush and the chlorine is mixed in. Truly an excellent invention!

That looks like an awesome product. I hate brushing for a couple of reasons. 1) It's work. 2) An AG pool is not a good design for us "vertically challenged" people. :cry:

My pool has a 45 degree angle between the wall and floor. Any ideas whether the XL design would be better than the regular brush for this transition? The rounded XL brush looks like it wold transition quite nicely.

(I hope this doesn't qualify as a thread jack.)

Plz excuse the ignorance here, but is this something that all pools should have done? In reading the literature, it seems this is more applicable to finished other than those with vinyl liners...am I missing something here? I do see the benefit for algae, but this is something I've never done other than once in a great while on a single spot, and just using our manual vacuum head to do so.

Brushing is important because algae forms a "biofilm". This allows the outer algae that are exposed to chlorine (and eventually die) to protect the inner algae. You need to brush to expose the inner layers to the chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rockstead said:
Did you guys order the standard size Wall Whale or the extra large size? my pool size is 18x36 and I wasn't sure which was the best one to buy.

I'm assuming it is safe to use on a vinyl liner ?
The all-nylon brush is okay on vinyl.

Mine is just a standard brush, and I'll tell you, it's a pretty good workout. I wouldn't get the big one unless you want to build up your physique! :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.