Motor capacitor Suppliers

Jul 25, 2010
Folks,
Am looking for a web link to supplier of 30MFD / 370AC motor capacitor for my Magnetek pool pump. I have in the past used York Capacitor but they have gone. Also............is this capacitor a start cap or run cap or both? Reason I ask is Grainger has a number of caps on their web site but are divided into start or run. I have motor running as I moved the cap from the spa pump, which is an identical part, over to the pool pump so no major urgency.

Thanks

Thanks Folks,
I live in Houston. I've found out from Wiki something or other that they are 'run' capacitors as they are less than 75MFD.
What I've also noticed is great price variations. The A/C supply shops have what I think will work for 15 USD, the pool places want 30 to 40 USD. I'll follow up on the links you gave me and thanks for the responses.

Regards

I found one on the Grainger web site, 26 dollars incl shipping.
For folks that have not had one of these go bad the symptons I had are:
1. Motor stopped, one circuit breaker tripped.
2. Tell tale sign of oil running from the capacitor housing. In my case the housing is a dome shaped assembly that sits atop of the motor. The capacitor is inside the dome.
They are very easy to change out. I make sure all breakers are off. In eight years I've had two go out, both on the pool pump. If you have a similar sized spa pump you can move the cap over to the pool pump to get up and running and fix the spa pump later on. Just make sure that the capacitor microfarad (MFD) rating, A/C voltage :sleep: rating and physical size are the same. Don't forget to wrap insulation tape around the disconnected wires from the spa pump capacitor. I put an "X" of insulation tape over the spa pump switch as a reminder to family members to leave off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.