Landscaping Ideas for Missouri

Aug 9, 2010
DeSoto, MO
Any ideas are appreciated. I tried to build the post that my electic ties into to have a nautical look. Next year I will be adding a deck that will extend from the first grasses on the top hill and go to where the ladder currently is. Then mulch around the grasses and where I have the weed wrap.

IMG_5272.JPG

IMG_5273.JPG

IMG_5274.JPG

IMG_5275.JPG

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_5277.JPG

I used to have that grass (or something similar) in my yard. It is aggressive and grows quickly. Keep an eye out for shoots that might encroach on your pool. It can take over before you know it. Just an FYI. Looks good.

Bama, I will be hard plumbing after winterizing and pouring a pad for next season. I agree with you 100% though, I did cut a 2x4 and placed under it for support.

Dora, Thanks for the info on them spreading, but that's actually how I got them, I dug them from around my boss's pool as he did not plant them their and was wanting them out. That's also why they look like they are in such bad shape, they were transplanted 2 weeks ago and are in shock.

I have some black-eyed susans that spread like wildfire if you want some of those! Some of the best plants I have are from other people's yards. Good luck on the project. DIY is the best, if you have the tools and know-how and if not, well, it can be an adventure, that's for sure!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.