SWG pros and cons for AGP

Pros:
1. Saves time and trouble.
2. Not having to go get bleach.
3. Not having to store bleach.
4. Not having to handle bleach.
5. Not running out of bleach.
6. Salt makes the water feel better (of course, you can add salt anyway).

Cons:
1. Higher up front cost.
2. Can cause pH to rise.

In the long run, the cost will likely be about the same.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
rghilliard said:
Pros:
1. Saves time and trouble.
2. Not having to go get bleach.
3. Not having to store bleach.
4. Not having to handle bleach.
5. Not running out of bleach.
6. Salt makes the water feel better (of course, you can add salt anyway).

Cons:
1. Higher up front cost.
2. Can cause pH to rise.

In the long run, the cost will likely be about the same.

7. Not having to deal with recycling so many bottles.
8. Not having to suffer the guilt of using so many containers even though you recycle. It takes energy to collect and transport the stuff and to repurpose it; although it does provide jobs for people.

gg=alice

geekgranny said:
simicrintz said:
Had three; never again :( I am obviously in the minority here though!

When you have time can you elaborate?

Thanks, gg=alice

Around here, we have high CH, and they "foul" often, which makes for a lot of work to clean. Additionally, the added run time to keep levels up during the season costs more for power.

Honest answer is that if I had to pay for these units (which I don't; they give them to me) I would be unhappy with the down time. I hear a lot of "set it and forget it" stories on these, which is not true (in this area anyway). I also have the erosion issue on my flagstone, which I believe is accelerated from the SWCG. I would expect an easier, less maintenance product personally if I was paying for a unit. Heck, I don't even accept the maintenance work when I get them for free :roll:

I'm looking for simpler, not more time cleaning a salt cell, higher energy bills and faster deterioration of my coping! In my area, I just don't think they are a viable solution. Your mileage may vary :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.