Jun 27, 2010
I see this seems to be a common subject, but I haven't found anything to help me in any of these posts. I noticed a bit of green forming around the middle of last week...brushed it up and added bleach. By Friday the water had turned murky green, so brushed again and brought FC up to around 17.5 and lowered PH to 7.3. Sunday vaccumed what I could see to waste, refilled around 2 or 3 inches of water that had been lost and started over with bleach. It is now Tuesday and still no change. Right now my levels are as follows:
FC - 24ppm
PH - 7.2
TA - 65
CYA - 70
I'm at a loss here. I just brushed it again and although I can't see the bottom of the pool for all the murk, I can definitely see clouds of green billowing up when I run the brush over the middle section. How can this stuff still be growing? Do I have bionic algae? I have never had this much trouble in the 4 years I've had the pool... always been able to clear it in a couple of days.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.