Best way to lower TA in a 4 day Pebble tec pool

While Yellow and Blue make Green because we were taught about additive color in Art class. Most items we see use Subtractive Color. Items typically absorb all be the desired color. Black is the absence and white is the reflection of all color frequencies.

Additive's Primary colors are Red Yellow and Blue. Subtractive's Primaries are Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.

Scott

The funny thing is I dont disagree with any of you. But additional PRIMARY reds in Sky Blue pebble tec (which is essentially a white background) wont cause the water to go green. All those problematic sandy colors are yellows and beiges (both of which contain a whole lot of green spectrum)

I appreciate the additive/subtractive conversation and in a pool like this you have both. The colored pebbles acting as subtractive and then being projected on the sides (additive), the media of the water plays some role and the eye will perceive it differently in sunlight or incandescent light. I couldn't find a third grade classroom to test this in, but I'm currently projecting a Cyan color and a primary red color on a neutral background through a daylight source and the resulting color is definitely lavenderish. I can already tell I'll be putting a bunch of red lighting gel in the bottom of my white pool to test this on my day off....

Anywhooo.... in this context - reassuring someone that additional primary reds in her white pool wont make her water go green.... I dont think it was out of line. And in the end - it turned out to be her water.

Out of curiosity - has anyone ever seen a pool with a red bottom and blue sides?

Regards.

lightingguy: First off, let me apologize if I came off as combative or offensive :oops: That was not my intention, nor was I trying to start anything. I apologize if I didn't come across as trying to help, which was all I was trying to do.

I am in hundreds of back yards a year, and I see first hand what the bottom color does to the water color, so I was just trying to present a general understanding of what happens with the relationship of bottom color to water color. So many people want a sandy bottom with crisp, blue water, and those combos just don't happen! The reds and yellows and tans do tend to pick up the green, and it does show in the water. I would just hate to tell someone it doesn't, and then have them unhappy with their water after installation.

Again, I wasn't trying to be offensive, and I apologize if I came off that way. I, like Pontiac, often suggest that people go see an actual pool or two so that they can see first hand what they can expect. I guess I'll keep up that practice instead of trying to explain it (poorly!) like I did here!

Bruce - No need to apologize, I am genuinely curious about this as I play with a lot of lights. The media of the water is the variable I just dont know much about - but it cant be that significant. If I came off hurt then that's my bad.

Ultimately we are just having 2 conversations. 1 about the general effect of warm colors (tans, mostly) on the look of the water and another about this specific color/situation - primary reds on a white background.

Anyways - my pool and I have a date with some Rosco 26 when I get back into town... I just gotta know.

Now we should let this poor person have their thread back. Sorry about that..... Glad to hear your water blued up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.