Kayak Pools Midwest Quote

jcajj

Aug 10, 2010
Byron, Illinois
We just got quote on a 16 x 32 above ground Kayak pool with a salt water system for $22K. Does anyone know if these pools are worth the money? They supposedly have a 30 year guarantee on the liner and life time on the water walls. We have never owned a pool before and want to make a good investment. Advice?

There are a couple more Kayak pool posts around here recently. I personally know nothing about but if you'll use the Google search at the very bottom of every page you may find someone who does. :)

Oh Yeah, Welcome to TFP!

30 year guarantee on the liner? That surprises me.
What are the terms of the warranty?

I have two neighbors with Kayak. The ones behind me didn't open their pool this year at all that I can tell.

My other neighbor got it 8 years old from a co-worker and moved to his house where it's been for at least 12 years now, not sure if its the original liner. They have moved and I don't know the new owners. So for a 20 year old pool it still looks pretty good from the outside, haven't seen it up close in a few years.

Personally I don't think any AG pool is worth that kind of money. You can get a great pool for 1/3 the price and even if you have to replace the liner your still less than 1/2 the price... IDK, personal decision I suppose. They do have a good rep around here tho.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.