Help!!!! I sprung a leak.

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I woke up this morning and found 15 inches of water gone from my pool. After all the trouble I had getting my pool under control it was almost to much for me to handle. I walked the around the pool found where the water was coming from and went and bought a patch. (had to call in sick to work, the hole was in seam on bottom). I patched the four small holes, they were all in same spot. And now I am running water back in pool. I have a few questions.
1. When that starts happening should I just replace the liner?
2. There is a big hole where the sand came out with water under the liner. I am assuming there is no way to fix that without draining.
3. What will losing 15-18 inches of pool water do to my water? I don't even know what to do to get the levels back to where they need to be. It took my all summer to get it right!

Any help would be great.......I really don't want to hate my pool.
Thanks,
Lori

How old is your liner Lori?

You probably lost about 40% of your water and therefore about 40% of your chems. That's not an issue until you fill it back up.
Post a full set of test results as soon as you get it back full and we'll help you get it right back in line.
Is your fill water from a well or public water source?

Do you have metal problems?

If the liner is failing at the seams then it might still be under warranty. It's probably prorated but it's worth checking into.

If the hole in the sand is at the wall, you might be able to pack some sand back under the wall and fill the hole back up some. You'll have to be real careful because you don't want to do more damage.

I have all the paperwork on the pool, I will have to find it and see what it says. I do have metal problems when I filled the pool the first time we addressed it and never had an issue again. I top off the pool with well water and it doesnt' really affect it. I am assuming since I need 15 inches of water that it will affect it this time. I don't remember what I did to rememdy it though. If I need a new liner I would at least like to finish the year with this one. I just don't know the sturdiness of the liner after it gets a hole in in. Also if I can't get some sand back under the wall then that part of the pool is gonna be really weak......sigh.......

Hello, how did you find the leak in the seam? I have a leak also and I cant figure out where it is at all. I can see the water on the ground so I have an idea but when I look under water I do not see any holes. I see a couple of really small ones but I cant believe that much water would be from those little holes.. thanks so much..

brandy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.