Hello everyone, Im new here and looking for some wisdom. Ive already learned alot from reading the basics here. I have a small pool, approximately 20x12 (6,500 G.), with a reef and seating area with spa jets. The wife loves our pool warm so its often heated to 90+ and we use it more like a spa. Ive found that the FC level is hard to stay on top of due to heating it often and a fairly high bather load. So I will be using alot more bleach and have to check it alot. Besides this is their anything else i should be aware of...having a pool heated so much? Anyone else have a pool/spool? Look forward to any suggestions or comments.

My pool temp today was 31C, which equates to 88F. I have had it as high as 32C which is 90F...I didn't find much difference or use of FC at that temp (about 2ppm per day), however things happen faster at higher temps so an algae bloom can happen in 2 hours as opposed to overnight. As long as you stay on top of the pool you won't have any problems, I check my levels every two days but I keep the pool at the top of the FC chart for my CYA level.

How are you adding chlorine, and how often? If you can dose it as the pump is running (SWCG, LQ, etc) you should be able to maintain a pretty consistent level. That is a small pool, and even with higher water temps it should be pretty easy to maintain.