need opinion on buying new pool

Aug 6, 2010
The local pool company sells pools made by Asahi anyone on here have one or know anything about these pools we are looking at a 30' round 52" tall the set up that comes with it is.
200 lb 19" Jacuzzi sand filter
1 1/2 HP pump
25 mil liner
top plate and uprights are 9"
Ladder winter cover and cleaning equipment

Is there anything on this that you would change if u could or upgrade to better or bigger, will be first pool we have ever owned just dont want to get it and then be like wish we would have got something else. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP.

On a 30ft round, I would suggest a 300+lb sand filter and a 3/4 single speed or 1hp two-speed pump. Anything more than that is too much hp for a typical agp set-up, unless you plan on placing the pump far away from the pool. Other than that, I am not familiar with the brand, but with a 25mil liner you should be fine :goodjob:

The other item I wish I bought when we bought our 1st pool was the TF100 from Tftestkits.net. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.