Distance from pump to skimmer/return?

Jan 27, 2010
Central Valley, CA
AGP to be installed tomorrow. 1.5 HP Hayward Power Pro Matrix, single speed pump. Initially planned on putting skimmer and return on SW end to hide it and electric was wired accordingly. Now thanks to TFP, I know the skimmer should be placed according to prevailing winds which means SE corner. That would make a run of approx. 15 feet from pump/filter. I've bought supplies to hard plumb with 1.5" pipe but may have to use flex hose initially.

From reading here, this doesn't seem too far but the pool store said it needed to be withing 6' which is why I placed my electric where I did. Any advice?

Thanks. I know I'm stuck with an oversize pump, for now at least, so I might as well plumb it like I want if I have power. It was a display so I got the whole setup. The store rep said he wished it was a smaller pump but it was a set.

If my electric jumps a lot, I'll try to sell this on craigslist and buy a two speed for next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.