need conditioner

Its about 5 1/4 pounds. You can dissolve about a pound at a time in a sock hung in front of a return. You massage the sock a few times after it has soaked for a while and it will help the CYA dissolve quicker.

DeathB4Me said:
Thank you again.
I was reading the back of the container and it says that 2.5 Lbs will approximately raise 30 ppm on 10,000 gal. of water.

Yes, that is correct.

Will the conditioner raise to 60ppm on my 21k gal. pool. This is confusing me. :hammer:

You're thinking too hard! You have twice as much water. 2.5 lbs in 21K will give you a CYA of 14ppm. To achieve 30ppm in 21K you will need around 5 lbs of CYA. If you want, go to the pool calculator (link in previous post) enter your current test results in the Now column, and the levels you want in the Target column then hit the white Calculate button. The text fields will tell you what you need to add or subtract to balance your water. Down at the bottom of the page is a section titled Effects of Adding Chemicals. You can enter chemical weight in ounces and choose the chemical from the drop down list and hit enter to see what effect the chemical would have on the pool. Make sure you have entered your current results and pool volume before trying the Effects of Adding Chemicals section for accurate results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.