Is there a "best time of year" to buy pool?

MrsFusion

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2010
SW Iowa
We are looking into buying a 15x30 above ground pool next spring. Just wondering if there is a time of the year that you get the best deals. We are in the midwest....so short pool season :(

Thanks

Swimming pools, at least here, are not a "necessity" and the market is severely depressed. While we don't have a lot of AG pools (I've never even seen one, in fact!), I do know that people are just not buying (and ones that would like to can't seem to find financing). That being said, now should be a great time to buy for those that have the means, and I would think that anyone selling would do whatever they can to make it happen.

Good luck! I think you are going to get a great deal!

I'll agree with Bruce and understand that just because something thing you see in the store does not have a clearance sale sign on it, stores need to move inventory. Remember that everything is negotiable...Oh, this model is $3,000...gosh we love it, but just can't afford it...$2,500 is the best we could do...could you ask the manager please? Doesn't hurt to ask. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do your research ahead of time so you know what size you want, equipment brands, pool brands, ect. You can also research the base price and see which stores in the area make the best deals and which ones have the best reputation for customer service. A great price won't save you much if the dealer has shoddy customer service in the event there are any problems. You also need to know if the installer is an employee of the pool dealer or if they are an independent contractor so you will know who to talk to if there are any installation issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.