Rainwater and hardness

Aug 1, 2010
Europe
I'm going to be draining my pool this winter to tile it. I was thinking of refilling with rainwater but I would have a problem with lack of hardness causing corrosion, especially as it is a concrete pool.
My well doesn't produce enough to fill my pool nicely, it takes 3 weeks and drags lots of sediment that have to be removed, but other than that it is nice water and easily balances. The well water is used by the house and takes ages to clear up after.
I looked at the price of hardness increaser from my pool supplier. I get this at trade price but even so it was so much money as I need around 15-20 kilos (33-44 lbs).
Is there a cheaper way of raising CH? I have access to things like slaked lime, calcium hydroxide etc
Thanks in advance :-D

Calcium chloride is also sold in the concrete industry, where it is used to accelerate curing. Neither of the two most common uses (deicing & concrete accelerant) are common in warm/tropical areas, where it can be rather difficult to find calcium chloride.

OK, sorry to bump this but I didn't get resolution last time and I have since found out that I can use Calcium Hydroxide, of which I have plenty but it will impact pH. I also haven't a clue on the dosing. Can anyone help with this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.