It's been how long since you've cleaned your filter?

taekwondodo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
I got just got a new a customer with a forest-green pool (CYA ~100) - built in 2001.

Seems Leslie's installed a VS-SVRS last year on his system and ramped down the speed, and he almost immediately got algae and hasn't had it under control since (I told him the correlation with the new pump was likely a coincidence).

Anyway, draining the pool, and start tearin' down the DE filter - open it up and there's about 3-4" of DE covering almost everything. The thing is green and it reaks. Clumps - large clumps just slough off... some hit the ground with a "clunk".

So, I pull the grids and take them out front to hose them down, and right then the customer comes home.

I ask him - "When was the last time the filter was opened-up, tore-down and cleaned?"
He replies with a confused look.... "opened-up????"

:hammer:

I love my job.

teapot said:
Be grateful they're paying you to do it :nopic:

I agree with your emoticon... I normally take pictures of new customer messes and post them to my businesses FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Krystal-Water-Pools/106287302744176?- that's how she found me. But when her husband handed me the check last night he said, "My wife would really appreciate it if you didn't post our pool on your page...", so I didn't take pictures :blah: :blah: :blah:

- Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.